- Planning, designing, and installing computerized databases to include data definition, structure, documentation of databases, long-range requirements, operational standards and guidelines, and protection.
- Monitoring database activity and file usage, and ensuring necessary resources are present so that databases function properly by removing or deleting old or obsolete files. Developing data retrieval queries and optimizing data queries within programs for performance for performance and maintainability. Determining data to collect and analyzing information as appropriate.
- Analyzing and determining informational needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, proposed manipulation, data flow and storage requirements and data output and reporting capabilities.
- Assisting development teams in defining logical attributes and inter-relationships and assisting in designing data structures to accommodate database production, storage, maintenance and accessibility to enhance performance.
- Testing designed applications utilizing database management software or general programming software to enhance performance.
- Installing, implementing and supporting systems within user base; creating and updating database installation instructions and design changes for client use.
- Installing new systems or new releases of database systems; determining table attributes, primary, and alternate keys for multiple databases. Installing and upgrading hardware and software as necessary to enhance database performance. Researching various hardware and software products; recommending solutions and implementing approved products.
- Utilizing standard corporate tools to record change and problem activities for tracking purposes.
- Relevant degree
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in database design, administration, or maintenance
- Experience working with software installation/upgrading procedures; multiple logical entity modeling techniques; database creation techniques and relational databases
- Administering Microsoft Sql Server Databases certification (a plus)
- The opportunity to work in a multicultural company
- Full trainings - IT and onboarding
- Stable employment and high standards of work
- Competitive salary with attractive social fund and benefits
- Career development opportunities within global structure
- Friendly and dynamic work environment
Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC) is a global leader of next generation information technol-ogy (IT) services and solutions. The Company's mission is to enable superior returns on our cli-ents’ technology investments through best-in-class industry solutions, domain expertise and glob-al scale. For more information, visit the company's website at www.csc.com.